During the holiday season, you can count on leaving your tight skinny jeans and form-fitting tops at home. With festive holiday meals on the horizon, you want to wear outfits that will accommodate a few extra of Grandma’s sugar cookies (you can’t say no to Grandma!), but that’ll keep you looking cute and feeling comfy.
1. The Wrap Sweater – Pair a loose-fitting cami with this Wrap It Up Sweater. Feeling warm? Wear it open. Feeling chilly (or a little too full)? Wrap it around for comfort and cuteness!
2. The Flowy Tunic – This Side-Button Tunic in Mint is fitted around the arms and bust, but lets out where you’ll need it most. The side-buttons add a little embellishment, and the 5% Spandex gives it shape and stretch.
3. The Loose Cashmere Sweater – We love how this Multi-Way Cashmere Sweater can work for a fancier dinner (fold the shoulders down), or something a little more casual (keep the cowl). Fitted arms keep it from looking like a cahsmere tent.
4. The Cute Sweatshirt – Sure, you love that old college sweatshirt that’s loose and baggy, but it might clash a little with an elegant holiday tablescape. Fancy it up just a little with a fitted hoodie like the Front Pockets Solid Color Long Sleeve Women’s Hoodie. A little bit slouchy, a little bit structured.
5. The Oversized Sweater – Want something simple without folds or cowls? Go with this easy Oversized Sweater. Add a little flair with an elegant scarf, or keep it interesting with animal print patterns.
6. Leggings – Fleece-lined, print, or just regular, leggings are one of the best comfortable and non-restrictive bottom options. Pair with a loose-fitting top like any of those listed above, and a pair of boots.
7. Elastic-Waist Jeggings – Don't worry, you won't be channeling A.C. Slater or a Cathy comic in an elastic waist. These Pull-On Black Jeggings give the appearance of wearing jeans—and you’ll be the only who knows that the waistband is actually comfortable, expandable elastic.
8. The Midi Skirt – Are the holidays warm in your world? Opt for a lined cotton skirt like the Patchwork Lace Midi Skirt that won’t muffin-top your back by the end of the meal. If your holidays are more NYC-style (cold and snow-filled), just add wool tights and boots.
9. The Sweater Dress – Fitted dresses have their time and place—and this isn’t it. Opt for an uber-comfortable and loose sweater dress like the Cowl Neck Sweater Dress.
10. The Billowy Dress – With loose, flowy sleeves, an adorable Boston Terrier print, and a waist that’s cinched just enough to give the dress shape without pinching, this one's is a winner.